Friday, October 1, 2010

Happenstance

I believe in what I call fate::
Everything that happens causes something else to happen.
Butterfly Theory, Happenstance, Destiny, whatever you call it, I think we all have a path and every decision we make turns a corner.

I like to think a major part of my life was caused by this intricate web of chance and pre-determination.
A couple of years ago, I met a person. Perhaps not a remarkable person, but someone who interested me and introduced me to new things none-the-less.

One of the introductions this person made was to some acquaintances of theirs.
A couple of weeks later I had a chance meeting with these people out in the city. We got on famously.
A couple of weeks after that, we had another chance meeting at a different location.

Now I don't want to bore you with the whole dramatic, complicated, strange tale, so I'll give you a brief run down.
One of these people has been a very important person in my life since we met.
Through these people I made other friends, one of whom is now one of my closest friends.
I have travelled with these people in foreign countries.
I have laughed and cried with these people.
I have introduced them to my own friends, creating bonds and lovers.


I think I just had to meet that first person in order to spark the rest of this crazy rollercoaster that has been a very defining few years of my life.

I don't really have anything to do with that person anymore.
But oh what a world they created.

No comments:

Post a Comment