Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Reminiscing



This time last year I was in a tiny Czech town called Cesky Krumlov.
Reading my diary entry covering those few days, I took note of one thing I wrote.
"Right here, right now is right where I want to be."

Outlook from the castle over Cesky

I'd been away from home for only a couple of weeks, but I'd seen and done a lot. I had just met some friends who I would travel with on and off over the next month, and who I will always count as friends.

Art at Cesky castle

The Czech Republic I think signalled, for me, my transformation into an independant and confident minded individual. I fell in love with, and possibly in, Prague.

Sewing machines in pubs in Prague. Genius.

Bit it was just the beginning of my journey. The woman that stepped off the plane into Australia 8 and a half months after a girl who resembled her had left, was one who is carrying me through the roller coaster I am currently on.

The adventures I had in Europe were amazing and unforgetable; without a doubt a huge part of who I am now.

But hell, who says I'm not creating my own adventures at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment